Getting Started on Skype
Hi! You probably landed here because your friend or relative now has a Konnekt Videophone, and the family asked us to set you up as a contact so you can call each other FACE-TO-FACE using Skype.
This page explains your friend’s Videophone and helps you get started on Skype.
Here’s how your friend’s Videophone looks during a call.
Your friend will be able to call you with just one touch.
You will be able to answer on almost any device. Talk face-to-face!
- Install Skype.
- Skype is free and works on PC, Mac, iPad, tablet, Android phone and iPhone.
- Visit skype.com on each of your devices and follow the instructions to download and install the latest version.
- Login with your Microsoft Account or your Skype Name.
- Add your friend or relative to your Skype Contacts.
- If you already see your friend/relative in your Skype contacts, then please reply to them with a short message, and skip to step 4. Otherwise:
- Enter your friend’s full name or Skype Name into the Search box. If there’s more than one result, then look for the one with “konnekt” in the Skype Name, or ask us for your friend’s Skype Name.
- Select the resultant contact, and send them a short message.
- Make and receive Skype calls!
- Please contact us so we can accept and add you to your friend’s Videophone.
- After we have added you to the Videophone, you will be able to select your friend and start a call (e.g., press the camera button, right-click “video call”, or similar).
- Remember to press the video option to enable video! Landscape mode works best.
- Skype uses Internet. Mobile data rates may apply.
- To keep Videophone incredibly simple, it won’t do video/voicemail or text messages.
- For a Group call: Call Videophone 1-on-1. Then in Skype, tap the screen, press + then press Add People.
Need help? Contact us for assistance.
See our FAQ to…
- improve call quality
- share your computer screen or photos to Videophone
- answer on your mobile phone without running the Skype app
- learn how Videophone can call you on backup numbers if you don’t answer on Skype
Note that we do not represent Skype or Microsoft, and this guide is subject to change.