Pillar 1: Environmental sustainability
Conserve natural resources
- Konnekt donates old Videophones to Beyond Disability Inc (BDI), for conversion into Windows PCs to give to Afghani and other refugees.
- Konnekt handles 98% of installations, additions/changes and support remotely, without anyone needing to visit.
- Konnekt uses and reuses cardboard packaging from its hardware vendor, rather than creating branded packaging.
- Konnekt minimizes paper usage by encouraging use of our online forms, PDF product flyers, web-based self-help articles, and our downloadable Dementia Guide eBook.
Pillar 2: Social sustainability
Support a healthy community and workforce
- Konnekt aids Digital Inclusion by enabling customers to get online safely and use technology confidently to improve their day-to-day lives.
- Konnekt employs and trains interns from local Universities, enabling students to gain experience and skills to enter the workforce.
- Konnekt’s products help maintain the independence and social participation of the elderly, as well as people with hearing, vision, cognitive, dexterity or mobility needs.
- Konnekt contributes to standards such as the Tele-Audiology Guidelines and IEEE Ethical Design.
- Konnekt has sales and support people and partners that are local to the regions that they serve.
- Konnekt partners with social organizations, such as Hilfswerk in Europe, to tap into local support.
- Konnekt partners with industry associations, such as the ACT Deafness Resource Centre, to help educate and offer the Videophone and Captioning Videophone into communities.
- Konnekt values its close business relationships with major corporate partners, including Microsoft Skype and Telstra. This enables Konnekt to leverage and build upon industry-leading video-calling platforms, apps, and telecommunication services.