- Untreated hearing loss is linked to loneliness, depression and impaired memory.
- The risk of dementia is five times worse for those with severely impaired hearing.
Greg’s Captioning Videophone lets him read lips, view subtitles, and see friends and family often.
Health and safety
- Would you struggle to call a doctor?
- Do you worry about emergencies?
Simon had an accident while alone at home. He was able to call for help at the touch of a button. Captions make it possible to get the right advice, fast.
Ability to work
- Employers have a responsibility to make workplace adjustments so that an employee with a disability can be effective.
- Failure to do so amounts to discrimination.
Manager Emma provided Talia with a Captioning Videophone. Talia feels valued and successful.